When was the last time you were rooting for you? When was the last time you were doing something for you? I am not asking you to be selfish. I am not asking you to be conceited. I am asking you to root for you. I am asking you to take care of yourself.
Because a lot of our problems stem from not loving yourself. Yes, the hurtful relationships, that job you hate, the terrible friends you entertain and other bad things that can fit into this category.
Loving you and self-care go hand by hand, basically you can’t live in a house and not take care of it. Funny how this art isn’t often taught in classroom halls or most households. The whole process of loving yourself is a journey, a journey of learning and unlearning certain things.
I am no expert in that department but I have made a couple of milestones on the journey of loving myself. I read somewhere that you define your self-care and that forever resonates with me. What is self-care to me may not be self-care to you but while spending so much time in the inter-webs, I settled for what I like. Since I am nice and not rude (get it? like the party next door song?)
Here are some tips. Self-care consists of mind, soul and body. These three make up the bad ass you. You see recently I learnt of a new term called badassery and I will tend to throw it around here.
- Heal; don’t hold on to things you can’t change, judgements on others and yourself.
- Be present ; allow yourself to be present, wake up, feel the rays, the raindrops you know, your favorite song came on DANCE, FREESTYLE TO IT.
- Compliment yourself; when was the last time you told yourself that lipstick looks bomb on you?
- Take a fancy meal; make it for yourself or go on a solo date with yourself rediscover you, yes you gotta Christopher Columbus yourself.
- Have a good laugh/take a walk; Make that body work you know.
- Make yourself your bestie; Look at the reflection, tell your bestie something nice. How would you treat your bestie?
- Find your happy; make it stay, my happy is traveling, it fills my soul and cups so I try to make travel happy.
- Volunteer, help a charity, be a helping hand; unless you are a witch then you don’t know the benefits of giving, giving feels so good. Try it, it feels your soul.
Now that I have listed my tips I ask you to be your own boss make this list longer. Sprinkle some of your badassery.
Till next time